httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wick, Daniel" <DPW...@Mail.Donaldson.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] server running fine but pages won't load?
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 15:38:45 GMT
Can you post the relevant areas of your httpd.conf file?
--Dan

Hi Dan,

thanks for responding! Here are some answer to your questions:

>>The restart went fine and I could acces the
>>server via putty without any trouble, but no browser would load my pages.

>Using putty to open a telnet or ssh session is unrelated to apache
>responding or not.

I obviously have a lot to learn!

>>I added an alias directive to my httpd.conf file and remotely restarted
>>apache with 'apachectl restart'.

>Did you verify this by doing something ps -ef | grep httpd?

I used 'top' and 'ps -ef', they looked ok, although with 'top' I remember
noticing that apache was using 95% of the CPU.

>>The restart reported no errors, configuration diagnostics looked
>>fine and I couldn't find anything weird in the logs.  Can anyone tell me
>>what went wrong?

>Are the permissions in the directory structure you are aliasing set up to
>allow read access to the user your web server is running as?

Everything was set to r-x. I think it has to be a configuration problem
because other directories not included in my alias wouldn't load either.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Annemarie