httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ben Ricker <bric...@wellinx.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_jk2
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:46:20 GMT
This question may be better directed to the Tomcat mailing list; the
person who compiles all of the connectors for the binary distribution is
on the list, so he can give you first-hand answers.

You might be able to get the binary you need from John Turner's site:
http://www.johnturner.com/howto/apache-tomcat-howto.html

Of course, you can change your lazy ways and compile from source :>

Ben Ricker
Wellinx.com

On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 04:03, SigurĂ°ur Bjarnason wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am no beginner to mod_jk but..totally to mod_jk2..  so i went to the apache site to
get the module precompiles.. because i am lazy. ! :)

> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk2/release/v2.0.1/bin/linux/i386/
>
> >From here
>
> I took this module here because..i dont have ssl enabled
>
> mod_jk2-1.3-noeapi.so is for Apache 1.3.x without mod_ssl
>

> I just did like i am used to and put this line in httpd.conf
>
> LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2-1.3-noeapi.so
>

> and did the configtest.. then i get this error.. !
>

> Cannot load /usr/local/apache/modules/mod_jk2-1.3-noeapi.so into server: /usr/local/apache/modules/mod_jk2-1.3-noeapi.so:
undefined symbol: ap_ctx_get
> ./apachectl start: httpd could not be started
>
> What is this about.. does.. anyone know this..! Do i have to recompile apache with some
new parameter do get this module to work..