httpd-users mailing list archives

From Admin <ad...@mysk.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Possible regex issue with SetEnvIf
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 03:31:46 GMT
Witty, wise, weird, and wonderful, Joshua Slive wrote at Thu, 7 Nov 2002
21:51:19 -0500 (Est):
>1. You need to read up a little more on regex.  "*" does not mean
>"match any character".  Rather, it means "match 0 or more of the
>previous character".  What you really want is "1.*" which means
>"match '1' followed by zero or more of any character.

You're absolutely right about my need to read up more on regex.  Adding it to
the massive to-do list.

>2. Is the HTTP header actually called "HTTP_X_GA_SUBNO", or (more
>likely) is it actually called X-GA-SUBNO and you added the HTTP and
>substituted -
>with _ because you looked at the CGI env-variable.  SetEnvIf uses
>the actual header name, not the CGI env-variable name.

<ding!>  That was the problem.  I had actually tried X_GA_SUBNO, but I had
totally missed the - to _ substitution.

OK, it's official: I'm an idiot.

Thanks for proving it gently.  <grin>

	S.