httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sourian <sour...@softhome.net>
Subject [users@httpd] newbie question
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 22:57:52 GMT
Hi list!

This is my first post, so be nice ;)

I have an Apache server, running on a RedHat 8.0.

I use it for testing various projects I made (I am a student), and I
have this issue: In the /var/www/html/ directory I made a symlink ~/work
pointing to a directory from /home/userdir/...

My problem is that although I can see the test page when I enter IP into
browser, when I write http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/work I get this error
message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /work/ on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use
an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.0.40 Server at _default_ Port 80

I've studied the manuals for Apache 2.x, but I couldn't figure it out.
I've let the server follow symlinks, even if the owner of the folder
differ, but the error remain.

Thanks for your time. Sorry if I bothered you.

Regards,
Sourian