httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Dingman <r...@plainsilly.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Building Apache 2.0.43 on Mac OS X 10.2.1 with shared modules
Date Sat, 02 Nov 2002 21:57:20 GMT

I've been trying to build Apache 2.0.43 on Mac OS X 10.2.1 with shared
modules.  I used the following to configure the build:

./configure --enable-modules=most --enable-mods-shared=most

This seems to configure the desired set of modules to build as shared
objects.  Running "make" succeeds without incident.  After running
"make install" the "modules" directory contains files like
"mod_rewrite.la" (which is a plain text file and appears to be a
libtool library file) rather than containing a shared object file
(mod_rewrite.so).  Examining the modules build directory doesn't reveal
a .so for any of the built modules.  The Apache build documentation and
a Google search didn't come up with anything relating to this problem.

ryan