httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jacob Coby" <jc...@listingbook.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] problem compiling
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 15:35:36 GMT
> memory manager called MM. Never heard of it before, but I was recommended
> use it.

mm is the shared memory library:

"The MM library is a 2-layer abstraction library which simplifies the usage
of shared memory between forked (and this way
       strongly related) processes under Unix platforms. On the first
(lower) layer it hides all platform dependent
       implementation details (allocation and locking) when dealing with
shared memory segments and on the second (higher)
       layer it provides a high-level malloc(3)-style API for a convenient
and well known way to work with data-structures
       inside those shared memory segments.

       The abbreviation MM is historically and originally comes from the
phrase ``memory mapped'' as used by the POSIX.1
       mmap(2) function. Because this facility is internally used by this
library on most platforms to establish the shared
       memory segments."

> gcc -c -I/usr/local/include -I../../os/unix -I../../include  -Os
>  -funroll-loops -fstrength-reduce -fomit-frame-pointer -funsigned-char
>  -DMOD_SSL=208112 -DEAPI -DEAPI_MM -DUSE_EXPAT -I../../lib/expat-lite
> `../../apaci` mod_frontpage.c
> mod_frontpage.c:86: mod_frontpage.h: No such file or directory
> mod_frontpage.c:87: fpexec.h: No such file or directory
> mod_frontpage.c:93: warning: `TRUE' redefined
> ../../include/ap_mm.h:70: warning: this is the location of the previous
> definition
>
> Then it dies out. Those header files arc in src/modules/frontpage, right
> where the tar put them.
>
> I don't understand why I'm getting the ap_mm error though.

The mm warning is just that, a warning, and you can safely ignore it
(assuming that TRUE in mod_frontpage.c is defined the same as TRUE in
ap_mm.h).

Next, you need to figure out why mod_frontpage.h isn't being found, looks
like it is searching in:
../../os/unix
../../include
../../lib/expat-lite
And whatever -I directories that `../../apaci` prints.

You may be able to just copy mod_frontpage.h to ../../include (where ap_mm.h
resides), and have it work :)

-Jacob