httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Justin Williams" <jus...@naturalwebs.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache/Sendmail/Mailman Conflict?
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 21:25:05 GMT
I have had Apache up and running this week on a production server.  Mandrake
8.2, Apache 1.3.23.  Fairly excited about that part.  This morning, I
figured out that I needed Sendmail on there so that PHP could handle sending
out form-generated mail.

So, I popped in the install CD's and installed via RPM Sendmail and Mailman
(for setting up a mailing list).  Some dependencies needed to be satisfied,
as well, so, I let thos RPMs go, too.  All of a sudden, Apache would not
restart, at all.  httpd start resulted in httpd-perl OK; httpd OK; OK; OK,
but Webmin would insist that Apache had not started, and none of the domains
on that machine were available.  I uninstalled Mailman; Apache still would
not restart.  I uninstalled Sendmail; Apache still would not restart.  I
completely rebooted the server; Apache still would not restart.  I backed up
all websites, users and databases, and rebuilt the server.  Apache
restarted.

Now, after having taken a couple of hours to do this, this morning, I am a
bit leary of re-installing Sendmail.  Has anybody run into something
similar?  Any tips, tricks, thoughts?  Thanks!!