httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Justin Williams" <jus...@naturalwebs.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Error 403 but permissions seem correct
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 21:36:13 GMT
Hi everybody; been hunting for a solution all over the place (Google, all
the FAQs I can find, etc.).

I just set up Apache 1.3.23 on Mandrake Linux 8.2.  Went through WebMin to
set up the Name-Based virtual servers.  All that went fine.  Problem
happened when I try to get to those domains, either by name or by IP.  Error
403 Forbidden

If I try to go to domain/index.html (which exists on all the domains), I get
that I don't have permission to access /index.html on this server.

If I try to go to domain/fubar.html (which does not exist on any of the
domains), I get the same message.  I don't have permission to access
/fubar.html on this server.

The old server showed those domains fine; but having moved those files to
the new server, they blow up.  All permissions in the directories have been
set to 755/644, carried all the way through all the directories.  I've tried
setting all permissions to 777, as well, with no luck.

Hopefully, somebody has run into this issue before.  Can anybody help?
Thanks!!