httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Justin Williams" <jus...@naturalwebs.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache service not running
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 23:52:02 GMT
Good news:
Apache is finding the file.  It does not yet know how to execute the file, which you need
to specify in the config file, but it is finding the file (printenv.pl).
It also sounds like you need to teach Apache what you mean by /cgi-bin/, which means setting
the ScriptAlias in your config file.

Could you copy that portion of your config & post it up here so we can see what we're
dealing with?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Szeyger@aol.com
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Cc: zeyger_sophia@emc.com
  Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 6:47 PM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] apache service not running

  In a message dated 11/11/2002 8:38:58 AM Eastern Standard Time, justin@naturalwebs.com writes:

    You might try localhost as your domain, if you are working on that machine,
    directly.  You won't need to add that to your conf file, but, you might try
    that as the URL and see what it does...

  Where should I put this URL? I tried to execute  http:/localhost/cgi-bin/printenv.pl - this
brings up the file download dialog instead of giving me the ouput of the script in the browser.
I also tried to execute my html script that has in an action field of submit button ''/cgi-bin/hiddenfields.pl"
( my script which is in cgi-bin directory of apache). This responds with "page not found"
with address C:/cgi-bin/hiddenfields.pl. I tried to put this script also in the same directory
as my html find and put in the action field "hiddenfields.pl" - this brings up file download
dialog. I tried to put url http://localhost/cgi-bin/hiddenfields.pl - this responds with "Invalid
syntax error " from IE - "page cannot be displayed- page ...was renamed or removed". The apache
log does not show any error - IE does. What should I do, to make apache handle my requests
rather than IE is trying to handle my requests?

  Please, help.

  Thanks
  Sophia