httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Issac Goldstand" <mar...@beamartyr.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Dealing with Win32-style segfaults
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 07:31:53 GMT
I'm using Apache2/mod_proxy as my front-end webserver (using
1.3/mod_perl/php as bloated backend servers + an IIS server as a second
backend until I finish tailoring my own Apache modules to do some of the
stuff my boss wants to do with fancy ASP and running funny windows features
from scripts, etc)...  Anyway, under UNIX dealing with segfaultas was easy -
you didn't have to do it.  Now, when I get the equivalent of a segfault
(which is starting to be alarmingly often!?!) I get this standard windows
dialog telling me "service Apache" crashed.  The clincher is that until I
click OK, the process never dies, and I'm left with no server.  To make
matters worse, I have to do this from the console!  Has anyone encountered
this and willing to share ow they dealt with it?

Thanks,
  Issac