httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tony Fortunato" <t...@futureskills.co.nz>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Virus warning
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 04:10:39 GMT
A virus has been passed onto us by a contact.Our address book maybe in turn
affected.
Since you are in my address book,there is a good chance you will find it in
your
computor too.
The virus(called jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by Norton or McAfee anti virus
systems.
The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system.It is sent
automatically
by messenger and by the address book whether or not you sent e-mails to your
contacts.
Here's how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it.
YOU MUST DO THIS
1.GO TO START,FIND OR SEARCH OPTION
2.IN THE FILE/FOLDERS OPTION,TYPE THE NAME JDBGMGR.EXE
3BE SURE YOU SEARCH YOUR C DRIVE AND ALL SUB-FOLDERS AND ANY
OTHER DRIVES YOU MAY HAVE
4.CLICK"FIND NOW"
5. THE VIRUS HAS A TEDDY BEAR ICON WITH THE NAME JDBGMGR.EXE.
    DO NOT OPEN IT
6 GO TO EDIT ON THE MENU BAR CHOOSE SELECT ALL TO HIGHLIGHT THE FILE
   WITHOUT OPENING IT
7.now go to file on the menu bar and select delete.it will go to the Recycle
Bin

IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS
BOOK SO THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS.
To do this:
a)Open a new e-mail message
b) Click the icon of the address book next to the "TO"
c) Highlight every name and add to "BCC"
d) copy this message....enter subject...paste to e-mail send.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Hope this got to you in time

Regards

Tony Fortunato