httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jacob Coby" <jc...@listingbook.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Strange, Disconcerting Access Log Entries
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 15:44:07 GMT
> This is not the same problem, . . .but has anyone seen anything like this:
>
> china 9988@21cn.com relay=61.255.255.129 reject=550
> 5.7.1 relaying denied IP name lookup failed 61.255.255.129

I get them all the time, usually 2-3 per day.  With the same china
nnn[n]@21cn.com. Pretty much a spammer trying to find open relays.
61.255.255.129 doesn't resolve and doesn't showup in a whois, so it is about
impossible to figure out what network owns that IP.

A traceroute goes back to thrunet.ne.kr, which also shows some spamming
attempts. thrunet.ne.kr doesn't seem to have a website :-)

It looks like you don't have a problem with open relaying, but you can
always check your server with http://njabl.org/ and be absolutely sure.

-Jacob