httpd-users mailing list archives

From Future Shock Business Solutions <futuresh...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Getting Php to work
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 01:06:42 GMT

You have set it up as CGI which may not be the best. Module mode is supposed
to be better. From the PHP install.txt:
" Note, we consider installing PHP like this suicidal.

  As a further precaution, we recommend you change the "/php/"
  ScriptAlias to something more random, to prevent any attempts to
  call your binary (like the Code Red scripts) for returning a response
  other than 404."

In the install.txt, as well:
"If you wish to install PHP as a CGI binary, (the sapi is much better)
you need to enable the apache security fix in your php.ini by
setting cgi.force_redirect = 1."

Try moving the php4ts.dll to the windows/system (for Windows 9x/Me)  or
winnt/system32 (for Windows NT/2000/XP) directory
Have you got short tags enabled. If not try <?php phpinfo(); ?>
Can have  AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml on one line, instead
of two.

I am assuming that Apache starts with this configuration. If I recall, you
may need to include the ScriptInterpreterSource directive because it is CGI.
See http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#scriptinterpretersource.
Also see http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/platform/windows.html, bottom of
Configuring Apache for Windows section.

HTH