httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Grace" <rub...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Multiple copies of Apache on one Windows box...
Date Sat, 30 Nov 2002 15:15:22 GMT
From: "Bruce Douglas" <bedouglas@earthlink.net>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 6:53 PM
Subject: [users@httpd] Multiple copies of Apache on one Windows box...

> Hi..
>
> Back again!!... Started to take a look at how Apache works. On Windows, it
> appears as though you have to install Apache before you can run the app.
The
> install process seems to create a service which has to be present in order
> for Apache to run.
>
> I had hoped that running multiple copies of Apache might be as easy as
> copying the Apache folder structure to different folders and possibly
> renaming the Apache exe file and running!!! I modifed the differnet
> httpd.conf files but running the different Copies of Apache from the
> different folders seems to run into problems....

I haven't actually *done* this, however you might find this useful:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/win_service.html

I believe the trick is to install each instance of Apache as its own service
with a unique service name.  In fact, you may even be able to work with
simply ONE apache installation separate config files/directories for each
instance:
[from the page:]  apache -i -n "service name" -f "\my server\conf\my.conf"

-- Daniel Grace
Certified 99.9998% lurker