httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Justin Williams" <jus...@naturalwebs.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ******************** Virtual hosting with SSL **************************
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 17:39:55 GMT
It is possible to do a single cert for the server, but, it will show an error for any other
domain names on that server.  It still encrypts things as it should, but will show an error
when somebody tries to go to the secure version...
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ron Stagg
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 12:30 PM
  Subject: [users@httpd] ******************** Virtual hosting with SSL **************************

  I need to host multiple domains on my server.  After reading through the docs, I see that
Apache will not support SSL if name-based virtual hosting is used.  So it looks like I am
forced to used IP-base virtual hosting.  Is there any way around this?  Also, can I get away
with using a single authorized SSL certificate for all of my hosted domains or must I purchase
a unique certificate for each domain.

  Thanks,

  Ron