httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Aaron Axelsen" <axels...@amadmax.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] CGI Not working
Date Sun, 17 Nov 2002 00:41:28 GMT
Retyping the path to perl seemed to fix the problem.. Thanks for the
help

---
Aaron Axelsen
AIM: AAAK2
Email: axelseaa@amadmax.com

"It said, ""Insert disk #3,"" but only two will fit!"
"One picture is worth 128K words."

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Slive [mailto:joshua@slive.ca]
Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2002 6:36 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] CGI Not working

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, Aaron Axelsen wrote:

> ./classevals3 returns:
> : bad interpreter: No such file or directory
>
> Perl classevals3 returns correct data

There you go.  The shell can't find the interpreter listed on the first
line of the script.  Is perl really at /usr/bin/perl on that system?  If
it is, you should try deleting the first line and retyping it to fix any
problem with non-printable characters.  (Again, these are exactly the
two things I suggested could be wrong in my first email; I guess you
didn't follow my exact advice on how to test, but instead invoked perl
directly.)

Joshua.