httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matt <sar...@swbell.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 04:02:48 GMT

Hey all, I am hoping this is something very stupid that im overlooking.

I am running Windows XP/Apache 2.0.40/PHP 4 and I am trying to get VirtualHosts to work.

I have registered with dyndns to do my redirects.

I have saryon.homeip.net and augustreign.kicks-ass.net both pointing to my box, and tried
to get virtualhosts set up.

The config for virtualhosts looks like this

NameVirtualHost *
<VirtualHost *>
        ServerAdmin chrys_enlow@yahoo.com
        DocumentRoot "D:/program files/apache group/apache2/htdocs/chrys"
        ServerName augustreign.kicks-ass.net
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *>
        ServerAdmin lordsaryon@saryon.homeip.net
        DocumentRoot "d:/program files/apache group/apache2/htdocs"
        ServerName saryon.homeip.net
</VirtualHost>

I have tried DocumentRoot being both what it is, and a reference to the server such as / and
/chrys

I am really hoping that this is something stupid I am doing.

Yes i've restarted the server after each config change, and I have looked through apache's
docs.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Matt