httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Beauford.2003" <beauford.2...@rogers.com>
Subject [users@httpd] More problem with Virtual Hosts
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2002 13:17:28 GMT
Hi,

I finally managed to some degree to get virtual hosts working, but now it
has created a host of other problems. I have two virtual hosts and my main
host (i.e. main.domain.com, one.domain.com, two.domain.com).

the files for main.domain.com are in /usr/local/apache/htdocs
the files for one.domain.com is are in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/one
the files for two.domain.com is are in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/two

When I type in one.domain.com this is what appears in the address bar of my
browser, but when I type in two.domain.com I see main.domain.com/two. Why is
this and how do I correct it so it shows two.domain.com.

The other problems I am having relate to paths. Some of my pages now don't
work because the paths are wrong, but can I figure out how to set them
right.

Example: one.main.com  is /usr/local/apache/htdocs/one/index.html which
opens the main page. but then I have other directories that I need to access
in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/other - so what is the path?

I would have assumed ../other but this does not work. Paths in Linux have
always been a source of confusion, and this is just another example.

Any help on this before I go insane is appreciated.

Beauford