httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sander Holthaus - Orange XL" <i...@orangexl.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.x
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 14:07:01 GMT
My personal opinion is still that 2.0.x is still not as stable as 1.3.x I'm
using both, since certain bugs prohibited me from going entirely to 2.0. My
suggestion would be to start with 1.3.x

Kind regards,
Sander Holthaus

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stone, Timothy" <tstone@cityofhbg.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Cc: "Remo Mattei" <remo-dated-1036249547.e90588@italy1.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 4:47 PM
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2.x

>From the Apache home page:

"The Apache HTTP Server Project is proud to announce the sixth public
release of Apache 2.0. Apache 2.0 has been running on the apache.org website
since December of 2000 and has proven to be very reliable."

I don't know of a better endorsement for the Apache 2.0.x series. The
general feeling in my enterprise is that Apache 2.0.x adoption rate is
skyrocketing and we are moving to it across the board. Also consider the
parity now available in Apache on Win2k platforms. Apache 2.0.x is the first
Apache with such parity between *nix and Win2k.

Tim