kinda got lost with the formula....where will i get the RAM per only given is the concurrent users.....?
thanks again
----- Original Message -----
From: William C. (Bill) Jones
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 11:26 AM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Limitations of Apache

On Monday, October 7, 2002, at 11:06  PM, Jesse Delima wrote:

> i have this question, if I increase the hard server limit from
> 256 to let say 512.......what will be the effect of this change to
> the overall performance of the linux box where apache is
> terms of memory usage and cpu utilization?...

Did you compile Apache to do more than the internal limit of 250 ?
If so, then try this basic formula -

Amount of RAM per httpd times the number of httpd equals the amount
of RAM for concurrent connections.

CPU usage is more based upon how much swapping you do versus how
much Network I/O you do...

> another there a chart or a website that will show
> the limitations of apache..

Not that I know of...
"Well, in general, the thing I don't like about other
computer languages is that they're not Perl." -Larry Wall

See <URL:> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
   "   from the digest:
For additional commands, e-mail: