httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dave Floyd <dave.fl...@pa.press.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] More problems
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 08:58:08 GMT
Alastair,
	Do you have entries for user and group in your httpd.conf file?
They should be valid system users, and it would help if they
correspond to the user who own the apache installation. We usually
use user nobody and group nobody, but start httpd from root. After
the initial daemon starts, the spawned processes are then owned by
nobody. Your error message containing "Group 4294967295" looks like
the entry in your httpd.conf file is pointing to a non-existing group.

rgds
dave