httpd-users mailing list archives

From "craig franke" <craig.fra...@harlingen.tstc.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help setting up Apache v2.0 and php
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 14:08:00 GMT
Quick breakdown in your scenario for what you are requesting:

Software Needed:
Apache 2.0.42 for Win32 [2.0.43 and PHP 4.2.3 will NOT work together]
PHP 4.2.3 full version

Follow PHPs installation instructions (http://www.php.net/manual/sk/printwn/install.windows.php)
and add the following to httpd.conf:
LoadModule php4_module modules/php4apache2.dll    [this is if you put php4apache2.dll in your
apache modules directory]
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

I'm not giving specifics on the PHP setup beyond the integration because the docs provided
by PHP should be sufficient.  Using Output filter for PHP won't work because PHP won't recognize
post method data.  As long as you configure PHP correctly and dump the DLLs and PHP config
file in the right place, this should work.

This information is based off my working production environment that I've had in place for
the past 5-6 months while routinely upgrading both Apache2 and PHP.

Craig

>>> lifegard@lvcm.com 10/24/02 08:41AM >>>
I have Apache v 2.0 for Windows running on Windows 2000 box and i am trying
to get PHP v4.2.3 to work with Apache. I followed the documentation and
added the correct lines in Apache but then Apache would not run and i am
confused.

George "Gman" Flatman