httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Hoover" <mhoo...@nps.k12.va.us>
Subject [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts and Space Limitations
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 19:12:37 GMT
Greetings listmembers,

I've got a couple questions that I can't seem to find answers to.....

I've have a webserver setup with virtual servers.  If a user types out the full name of the
server (ie. logout.nps.k12.va.us), the user can access the website just fine.  If the user
only types in the hostname (ie. logout), they get the default virtual server.  I've checked
the search domains and the workstation domain and they're setup properly.

This is how I have it setup:

<VirtualHost logout.nps.k12.va.us>
    ServerAdmin <mhoover@nps.k12.va.us>
    DocumentRoot /var/www/bmlogout
    ServerName logout.nps.k12.va.us
    Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
</VirtualHost>

I've thought about setting up two definitions, but thought there has to be a simpler answer.

The other thing I'm having troubles finding is the keywords on how to set transfer restrictions
(ie. how to set a website to only be allowed to send 1G of data a month)