httpd-users mailing list archives

From Farid Hamjavar <hamja...@unm.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] two user directives
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 02:15:17 GMT
On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:

> Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:25:12 -0400
> From: Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca>
> To: users@httpd.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [users@httpd] two user directives
>
> Farid Hamjavar wrote:
>
> > apache  1.3.26 linux rh 7.2
> >
> > hello,
> >
> > we like to be able to use two user directives in one
> > httpd.conf and document below says (if I undrestood it
> > correctly), wrapping inside a suexec is the only way.
> >
> > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#user
> >
> > Has any of you had expereince with incorporating two or
> > more users inside one httpd.conf?
>

> You don't explain what you hope to accomplish.

one of the virtual host segment of the httpd.conf
performs a sepcial service and we liked it to
operate under a different user for security reason
of course ........ it does not seem to be possible and we
also found a work-around (unrelated to apache/httpd) that
for now let us meet our need/requierment .....

Farid
UNM