httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] "bad user nobody" - why nobody?
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:57:40 GMT
On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Matus "fantomas" Uhlar wrote:

> Hello,
>
> when I try to run apache, it complains about bad user nobody. However, I
> configured it to run under different user - why does it want nobody?

What is the verbatim error message that you are receiving? Usually, a
message like this would mean that you have a user name in the 'User'
directive that does not correspond with a valid user. However, your
comment that you have this configured as a different user seems to make
that unlikely.

So, if you could tell us exactly what the error message is, that might
help.

Thanks.

Rich
--