httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Noor Dawod" <n...@comrax.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Four questions regarding Apache's configuration
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 07:36:15 GMT
Hi all,

I have not been able to find answers to my questions in the archives or
in various news groups, so I'll be asking them here hoping to get some
answers...

The questions are:

1)
How can I pass Apache variables using the ErrorDocument or Redirect
directives? Observe:

<Files "*.inc">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
    ErrorDocument 403 http://www.url.com/?r=%{REQUEST_URI}
</Files>

This of course is not working, is it viable at all?

2)
Is it possible to log "302 Page Moved" using Apache's CustomLog or any
other directive? If you ask, then I am not using mod_rewrite and I don't
intend to use it either.

Much related to the same subject, how can I log other documents, like
error document 403 and others?

3)
If 2) above is not viable, I wrote a simple PHP script to do the job.
The problem is that if used with an 'ErrorDocument' directive, Apache
will issue a 'Location:' header and the remote client would normally
request it. By then, all information I needed for the previous request
would be gone.

The question is how can I run the PHP file in the previous session? this
way I have all information I wanted for the first attempted request.

4)
Generally asking, is there a known and trusted source of 'known bugs'
that affects Apache? A good example of a known bug is the phf* or the
Code Red worm.

Thanks in advance for your help and patience.

Noor