httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib.N....@seagate.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache with LDAP
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 22:37:50 GMT

Hi Andrew,

To enable LDAP. Download the LDAP auth module sourcode from the Apache CVS
and place it in the modules/ directory.

Then run buildconf

# buildconf

Next, the following command can be used to enable LDAP authentication
support

--enable-ldap --with-ldap --with-auth-ldap --enable-auth-ldap

This should work. Let me know if it doesn't

Saqib Ali
P.S. LDAP auth module is not include in the core, so you have to d/l it
seperately from the CVS.

"I fear, if I rebel against my Lord, the retribution of an Awful Day (The
Day of Resurrection)" Al-Quran 6:15

                    Andrew

                    Sanderson            To:     <users@httpd.apache.org>

                    <ams@sdsc.edu        cc:

                    >                    Subject:     [users@httpd] Apache with LDAP

                    No Phone Info

                    Available

                    10/02/2002

                    03:31 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    users

I have been reading the posts on how to compile Apache 2.0.42 with the
LDAP module that comes with it, but still cannot get it to work.

I am using the following in my configure options:
--with-ldap --enable-ldap --with-auth_ldap --enable-auth_ldap

I have also tried --with-ldap=PATH_TO_LDAP as well and always get the same
error:

mod_auth_ldap.c:82:2: #error mod_auth_ldap requires APR-util to have LDAP
support built in

followed by a couple of screenfuls of undeclared functions and variables.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-Andy