httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Lenz" <ML...@piercemfg.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Win2k Service
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 20:31:06 GMT

I tried running the command and it just keeps spitting back:

C:\DOCUME~1\T02461~1.PMI>sc create Apache2.0.43 start= "auto" binpath="C:
\WINNT\system32\services.exe" DisplayName="Apache2"
Creates a service entry in the registry and Service Database.
SYNTAX:
sc create [service name] [binPath= ] <option1> <option2>...
CREATE OPTIONS:
NOTE: The option name includes the equal sign.
 type= <own|share|interact|kernel|filesys|rec|error>
       (default = own)
 start= <boot|system|auto|demand|disabled|error>
       (default = demand)
 error= <normal|severe|critical|error|ignore>
       (default = normal)
 binPath= <BinaryPathName>
 group= <LoadOrderGroup>
 tag= <yes|no>
 depend= <Dependencies(separated by / (forward slash))>
 obj= <AccountName|ObjectName>
       (default = LocalSystem)
 DisplayName= <display name>
 password= <password>

I've tried to re-arrange the options, but it still doesn't like it.  This
is a Windows 2000 machine with Service Pack 3 installed.

Mark Lenz
(920) 832-3523
mlenz@piercemfg.com

  "i.t"
  <i.t@ithum.de>          To:
                  users@httpd.apache.org
                          cc:
  10/04/2002              Subject:        Re:
  01:55 PM        [users@httpd] Win2k Service
  Please respond
  to users

>  Does anyone know what's going on here?  Is there
> something wrong with the install script?  Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks.

open a cmd and type:
sc create Apache2.0.43 start= "auto" binpath="C:
\WINNT\system32\services.exe"
DisplayName= "Apache2"

and you should see:
[SC] CreateService SUCCESS

then connect to your services GUI and you will see the newly created
service
where you can finetune some parameters
i.t
--
. ___
|  |  Irmund     Thum
|  |

The information contained in this electronic mail message is confidential
information and intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above, and may be privileged. If the reader of this messages is not the
you have received this transmission in error, please contact the sender
immediately, delete this material from your computer and destroy all
related paper media. Please note that the documents transmitted are not
intended to be binding until a hard copy has been manually signed by all
parties.
Thank you.