httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Henry Noerdlinger" <Henry.Noerdlin...@ihsenergy.com>
Subject [users@httpd] 401 error help
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:26:41 GMT
Joshua,

Thank You!! it works. To all who received a plain-text email AND an email
with html markup, I apologize.
It took me a while to figure out what the syntax should look like, but I
got it.
Here is all that I had to add:
<% response.sendError(401); %>

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Henry Noerdlinger wrote:
> My problem is that when I add:
> ErrorDocument 401 /customerrors/common_401.jsp
> to the httpd.conf file, I am no longer prompted for a username/password
> to enter a protected area of our website, instead, the browser is
> immediately directed to the custom 401 error page.

In order to prompt for a password, the browser must receive the 401 status
code as part of the 401 error doc.  Your jsp page is probably not sending
the correct Status: line.

Joshua.