httpd-users mailing list archives

From jstev...@TXU.COM
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Cannot see Large web pages?
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 16:08:39 GMT

I have tried various windows versions using IE 6 and Netscape 6 and 7. I
have also tried using Linux and Netscape communicatior, Netscape 6 and 7 as
well as IE under linux and Opera and lynx. Lynx gives me a bit more
information on the reason it cannot connect. ( Unexpected network read
error; connection aborted. Unable to access document)

I did not know that I could do a GET command from the command line. I am
trying it now. Here is what I get from GET at the commandline:

<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>An Error Occurred</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY>
<H1>An Error Occurred</H1>
500 EOF instead of reponse status line
</BODY>
</HTML>

I tried the GET from a remote unix box as well as the local ( where the web
server resides ) box.
not sure what this indicates... it is the same headers and such for the
smaller pages which respond fine.
btw.. that is pretty cool, using GET at the commandline. Thanks for the
info!

About the error log.:
I am not seeing anything ... I even turned logging to debug level and see
no errors pass by.

The interesting thing is that I used to be able to view these pages via the
same browsers when they were on the AIX boxes. The browser
displayed the pages as expected ... They were very large though ... don't
want to print it.. over 500 pages ;-)
Thanks for the response!
jms

"Boyle Owen" <Owen.Boyle@swx.com> on 10/08/2002 10:37:31 AM