httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Hynd" <martinh...@f2s.com>
Subject [users@httpd] HTTPD error
Date Sun, 20 Oct 2002 10:41:47 GMT
I am running the default version of Apache which comes with RedHat 7.3. I
have noticed that every few days I am unable to access any of the web pages
which apache serves from a remote machine. I usually get an error message
saying the page is not able to be displayed.

If I then go to my linux box and type:

service httpd status

it says httpd is running ok and lists 21 pids.

If I then do

service httpd restart

I can again view the web pages.

Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this or where I can start
looking to resolve this problem? I'd rather solve it properly that use a
cowboy fix like restarting httpd from cron every midnight ....

Thanks.

Martin Hynd.