httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Hynd" <martinh...@f2s.com>
Subject [users@httpd] 2nd Domain
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2002 19:44:06 GMT
Hi there.

I have a linux box with RedHat 7.3 and I use it to serve web pages for a
domain which I own. It is registered with freeparking.co.uk and works by
freeparking diverting requests for the web pages to my linux box. I am far
from an expert in this but what I think I am trying to say is that
freeparking manage my DNS.

A friend has just asked me if I can host a web site for him but with a
different domain name. Before we buy the domain name I was wondering how
easy this is to do. Obviously I have to set up freeparking to divert to my
IP address but after that...

As far as I can see all I have to do is add something like the following to
httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost *>
   ServerAdmin user@domain.com
   DocumentRoot /home/user/public_html
   ServerName www.domain.com
   ErrorLog logs/error_log
   CustomLog logs/acces_log common
</VirtualHost>

Is there anything else I would need to do with Apache? Or anything else at
all?

Many thanks.

Martin Hynd.