httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Koen Vingerhoets" <koen.vingerho...@ubench.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Gracefull Apache restart?
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:40:40 GMT
Hi,

I made this once to stop Apache, delete the access_log, and start apache.
Please make comments on the script as I think it crashes our site.
Is there a way to gracefully restart Apache?? Or won't that allow me to
remove the log files??
I have absolutely no idea what I've written, it's an extensive copy paste
from all over the web.

#!/bin/sh

#/etc/init.d/httpd stop
#su - root -c "/bin/rm -f /home/httpd/vhosts/shimlar.com/logs/access_log"
>/dev/null
#/bin/rm -f /home/httpd/vhosts/shimlar.com/logs/access_log
/bin/cp /dev/null /home/httpd/vhosts/shimlar.com/logs/access_log
#/etc/init.d/httpd start

#end script

Thanks :)

Koen