httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Koen Vingerhoets" <koen.vingerho...@ubench.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Need help using rotatelogs on Apache 2.0.4x (Win2k SP2)
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:31:55 GMT

transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stone, Timothy [mailto:tstone@cityofhbg.com]
Sent: 21 October 2002 15:19
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Need help using rotatelogs on Apache 2.0.4x
(Win2k SP2)

List,

I have tried all of the following efforts to get rotatelogs running on my
Apache installations under Windows (2k SP2).

* Direct manual references.
* Suggestions from the archive.
* Creative application of suggestions from archive (from reversing slashes
to including and excluding full path and extension information.)

The following lines from my httpd.conf provide an idea for some of the ideas
I have tried:

...snip...

# Default logging format
CustomLog logs/access.log common

# Rotate logs daily.
# Read as follows:
# 1. pipe to rotatelogs
# 2. name the file as shown
# 3. rotate interval in seconds

#CustomLog "|c:/usr/local/apache2-01/bin/rotatelogs.exe
logs/access_%Y%m%d.log 86400" combined
#CustomLog "|bin/rotatelogs.exe logs/access_%Y%m%d.log 86400" combined
#CustomLog "|bin\rotatelogs.exe logs/access_%Y%m%d.log 86400" combined
#CustomLog "|c:\usr\local\apache2-01\bin\rotatelogs logs/access_%H%M.log 60"
combined

...snip...

The 60 second rotation in one example was intentional... just to see if it
was working at all. Nothing seems to be happening.

I have restarted Apache in every test. I deleted the old access.log in case
there was a hiccup. Waited the weekend in one example. Nothing happens,
rotatelogs... doesn't.

Can anybody see something wrong with the attempts? Is there a hidden
"gotcha" on W2k?

It just seems to be broken. Suggestions are sorely sought. Thanks in
advance.

Warmest Regards,
Tim

/**
 * Timothy Stone      . Sun Certified Java Programmer
 * Web Master         . tstone at cityofhbg dot com
 * City of Harrisburg . 717.255.7297
 * Pennsylvania USA   . 717.903.9162
 *
 * "This Satan's drink [coffee] is so delicious,
 *  we shall cheat Satan and baptize it."
 *  --Pope Clement VIII
 */