httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stone, Timothy" <tst...@cityofhbg.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] can this be done: 2 apache, 1 system, both on 8 0
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:09:55 GMT
Ian,

Thank you for the reply. Your first cut response makes perfect sense.

I do not need separate, individually configured servers in my case. I'm
building a website for a municipal government and while funds are at times
limited--speaking directly to a need for more open source in-house--all of
the servers and the httpds are identical. My  environment leans more to the
side of performance as you mention. The trade off decision is easy to make.

Further extrapolation of your thought suggests when a secure httpd is
needed, just spawn a separate secure (SSL) installation next to the IP-based
virtual hosts installation.

Again, thanks for the ideas!

Warmest Regards,
Tim