httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stone, Timothy" <tst...@cityofhbg.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] can this be done: 2 apache, 1 system, both on 8 0
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:06:26 GMT
Apache 2.0.43, Win2K SP2, mod_jk 1.2, Tomcat 4.0.4

Farid,

The configuration you have shown works. I'm currently doing this on a
Window2k Server.

The hiccup... the Win2k installer installs only one, and the second must be
"duplicated" in the Explorer (stated more for posterity; it seems you are
running a *NIX base server).

In followup to Amadej's post:

Interesting way of doing this... IP based virtual hosting. I like the idea.
The reason I have set up my Win2k servers as such is that they are
multi-processor (4). My thinking was that I could potentially run four (4)
copies to take advantage of the processors.

*** Amadej, can you elaborate on the pros or cons of my setup (four separate
instances) vs. four (4) IP-based virtual hosts, ignoring the Win2K
component? Thanks.

Regards,
Tim