httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dan Stephens" <DanielBSteph...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] final config issues
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:55:37 GMT
    Thank you guys so much, I finally am starting to see how this whole thing works: I ran
a % "killall httpd" then started httpd by % "/usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start" . My
box is now listening to port 80, and I am getting the apache config page when I hit my site.
    I do want to know one or two more things, if that ok:
    - By starting httpd by % "/usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start" do I need to do anything
to make apache start and stop upon booting the computer
    - I changed the DocumentRoot and Directory in httpd.conf within /usr/local/apache2/conf/
and saved those changes. Do I need to restart apache to make these changes take effect? If
so, how should I stop and restart apache (service httpd restart?)?
    - Do I need to have my httpd.conf file in /etc/ somewhere as well?
    - It seemed like /etc/init.d/httpd is already looking at the new httpd executable, should
it have done it itself as it appears it has?

    Thank you very much for all you help,
   -Dan