httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Finn, Michael" <michael.f...@frontiercorp.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Reverse proxy + redirect problem
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:14:09 GMT
Hi All,

Was hoping someone could help.

Using mod_proxy. Config'd like so in httpd.conf

  ProxyPass /alias http://some-host/real-app
  ProxyPassReverse /alias http://some-host/real-app

When real-app is serving a page that does not issue redirect, everything is
cool. The URL comes back to the browser as
http://revproxyname/alias/somepage.html

But, when a redirect IS issued, the URL does not get adjusted by
ProxyPassReverse, and the browser gets a URL like
http://some-host/real-app/somepage.html, instead of
http://revproxyname/alias/somepage.html.

For us, revproxy is a DMZ box, and some-host is on our private LAN. So, the
user gets a URL that won't even resolve on the 'net.

I thought rewriting the URL for redirects was the sole purpose of
ProxyPassReverse. Is it not?

This behavior is consistent on 1.3.x and 2.0.x, so I am guessing I am doing
something wrong.

TIA,
Mike