httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jose Correia (J)" <Corr...@telkom.co.za>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache logging
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:02:30 GMT
Hi Reddy

I don't know about apache 2 but in 1.3.x I have the following:

SSLLog      /usr/local/apache/logs/ssl_engine_log
SSLLogLevel debug

but it still exists in apache 2 mod_ssl? I didn't see it being set in
your httpd.conf

Cheers
Jose

-----Original Message-----
From: Reddy.Thirumal [mailto:Reddy.Thirumal@mail.esb.ie]
Sent: 15 October 2002 11:55
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Apache logging

Hi Jose,

I don't have ssl_engine.log at all on my system but I have
ssl_request.log
in which nothing is written when the failure occurs.

Would you please let me know how to generate that ssl_engine.log. I
think  I
need to modify my httpd.conf settings.

I am running Apache 2.0 , here is my httpd.conf file:

ServerRoot "C:/Apache2"
ScoreBoardFile logs/apache_runtime_status
PidFile logs/httpd.pid
Timeout 300
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 15

<IfModule mpm_winnt.c>
ThreadsPerChild 250
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>

Listen 8000

Include c:/Tomcat4.1/conf/auto/Thiru_mod_jk.conf

ServerAdmin @@ServerAdmin@@
ServerName www.my-server.com

UseCanonicalName Off

DocumentRoot "C:/Apache2/htdocs"

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>

<Directory "C:/Apache2/htdocs">

    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all

</Directory>

UserDir "My Documents/My Website"

DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var

AccessFileName .htaccess

<Files ~ "^\.ht">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
</Files>

TypesConfig conf/mime.types

DefaultType text/plain
<IfModule mod_mime_magic.c>
    MIMEMagicFile conf/magic
</IfModule>

HostnameLookups Off
ErrorLog logs/error.log

LogLevel debug

LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\"
\"%{User-Agent}i\""
combined
LogFormat "%{Referer}i -> %U" referer
LogFormat "%{User-agent}i" agent

CustomLog logs/access.log common

CustomLog logs/referer.log referer
CustomLog logs/agent.log agent

ServerSignature On

Alias /icons/ "C:/Apache2/icons/"

<Directory "C:/Apache2/icons">
    Options Indexes MultiViews
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
Alias /manual "C:/Apache2/manual"

<Directory "C:/Apache2/manual">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews IncludesNoExec
    AddOutputFilter Includes html
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Apache2/cgi-bin/"

IndexOptions FancyIndexing VersionSort

BrowserMatch "Mozilla/2" nokeepalive
BrowserMatch "MSIE 4\.0b2;" nokeepalive downgrade-1.0
force-response-1.0
BrowserMatch "RealPlayer 4\.0" force-response-1.0
BrowserMatch "Java/1\.0" force-response-1.0
BrowserMatch "JDK/1\.0" force-response-1.0

<Location /logs/server-status>
    SetHandler server-status
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
</Location>

<IfDefine SSL>
Listen 443
</IfDefine>

<IfDefine SSL>
AddType application/x-x509-ca-cert .crt
AddType application/x-pkcs7-crl .crl
</IfDefine>

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>

SSLPassPhraseDialog  builtin

SSLSessionCache         dbm:logs/ssl_scache
SSLSessionCacheTimeout  300
SSLMutex sem
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLRandomSeed connect builtin

</IfModule>

<IfDefine SSL>

<VirtualHost _default_:443>

DocumentRoot "c:/apache2/htdocs"
ServerName esb-reddy
ServerAdmin you@your.address
ErrorLog logs/error_log
TransferLog logs/access_log

SSLEngine on
SSLProtocol all -SSLv3
SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
SSLCertificateFile c:/apache_keystore/server/server.cert
SSLCertificateKeyFile c:/apache_keystore/server/server.key
SSLCACertificatePath c:/apache_keystore/ca
SSLCACertificateFile c:/apache_keystore/ca/ca.cert
SSLVerifyClient require
SSLVerifyDepth 1
SSLOptions +StdEnvVars +ExportCertData
<Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$">
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars +ExportCertData
</Files>
<Directory "c:/apache2/cgi-bin">
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars +ExportCertData
</Directory>

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
         nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
         downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

CustomLog logs/ssl_request_log \
          "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"

</VirtualHost>

</IfDefine>

Thanks.

* ** *** ** * ** *** ** * ** *** ** *
are addressed.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author, and do
not necessarily
represent those of ESB.

Although ESB scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not
guarantee
that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage
sustained
as a result of viruses.