httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jose Correia (J)" <Corr...@telkom.co.za>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] More problems
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 15:17:10 GMT
When you do this though, what does your startup log say??

-----Original Message-----
From: Alastair Roy [mailto:Alastair.Roy@Express.co.uk]
Sent: 02 October 2002 17:23
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] More problems

Yes I have, but then what happens is this

express-ldap# apachectl start
apachectl start: httpd started

but when I get my web browser out and try http://<ip no>/index.html

I get the error page

on doing a ps -ef | grep httpd

I find this

express-ldap# ps -ef | grep httpd
  daemon   312     1  0 15:23:16 ?        0:00
/usr/lib/ab2/dweb/sunos5/bin/dwhttpd /usr/lib/ab2/dweb/data
  daemon   313   312  0 15:23:17 ?        0:01
/usr/lib/ab2/dweb/sunos5/bin/dwhttpd /usr/lib/ab2/dweb/data
    root  3880  1270  0 16:12:51 pts/2    0:00 grep httpd

if I try apachectl stop I get this

express-ldap# apachectl stop
apachectl stop: httpd (pid 3761?) not running

so something is not right :-)