httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Carl Olivier" <c...@zero-one.co.za>
Subject [users@httpd] Packaging an Apache installer
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:51:53 GMT
Greetings.

I am trying to create an installer for a product I have developed.  I wish
to include the Apache installation in my installer - obviously I will have
conformed to the requirements in the Apache License.

I am having trouble when my installer is installing to a Windows machine.  I
can get the installer to run no problem, but of course this pops up the
Apache installation dialogs!  Now while I have no problem with the Apache
installer, I do need to retrieve the information from that installation for
use in my installation process!

The easiest way I csn think of - if supported by an binary Apache installer
for Win32 - is to run the Apache installation "silently" - i.e. calling the
installation executable with the values required by the installer passed to
the installation file via the command caller.

DOes this make sense?  If it does, does anyone know if Apache has such a
"silent" installation mode supported in any way??

Thanks in advance,

Carl Olivier
Director
tel  +27 21 7955197
fax +27 21 7955212
cell +27 82 7729753

carl@zero-one.co.za
www.zero-one.co.za

developers of the future
      01 zero one
      Confidentiality agreement:  This email contains information which is
the property of Zero One. The information contained herein is confidential
and may not be disclosed to any parties other than the intended recipient
without the express written consent of Zero One.