httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Albl, Thomas" <thomas.a...@staedtetag.de>
Subject [users@httpd] +Indexes And -Indexes according to ip-adress in allow for same Di rectory - possible?
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 08:58:38 GMT
Hello,

mostly everything I want to do is described in the Subject but here the long
version :*) :

A special directory of the site contains several html-files. These files
should be indexed by a searchengine. So I want to allow +Indexes let me say
for localhost. But I want to deny listing the directories for everyone else
outside in the internet (To prevent stepping from dir to dir).

Can the following statement help me to do this? As far as I remeber only one
of following is used by apache.

<Directory /usr/local/apache/htdocs/pool1/db>
   Options -Indexes
   IndexOptions FancyIndexing
   AllowOverride None
   order deny,allow
   deny from all
   allow from all
</Directory>
<Directory /usr/local/apache/htdocs/pool1/db>
   Options +Indexes
   IndexOptions FancyIndexing
   AllowOverride None
   order deny,allow
   deny from all
   allow from localhost
</Directory>

For the system: I use Apache 1.3.26, PHP4 on a Linux i386. (Need more info?)

Thanks for your help - Thomas

--
Mit freundlichem Gruß
Thomas Albl