httpd-users mailing list archives

From TyM...@netscape.net (Ty)
Subject [users@httpd] Digest auth prompts for relogin on every forum submit
Date Sat, 19 Oct 2002 06:36:58 GMT
Hi,

I have digest authentication enabled on my server ( Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) Debian GNU/Linux
 on debian woody
 ) it works great, except every time I click on an HTML  form's submit button, it reprompts
me to login!  Web clients I've tried would be mozilla 1.1 and 1.2, same issue.

This doesn't happen when clicking on links going from page to page.  This server is primarily
setup to utilize bugzilla, and most html form actions are relative cgi links
action="someScript.cgi"

If it's important, this server's dns name is resolved via internal  private network dns (
my.privateServerName.net ) and I access it from the private network..  The problem occurs
whether I access by IP or Hostname, and happens for SSL and non SSL.

httpd.conf excerpts

ServerName my.privateServerName.net

 <Directory />
        # yadda yadda