httpd-users mailing list archives

From HYLAND ben <ben.hyl...@liv-coll.ac.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_proxy corrupting binaries
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 14:08:30 GMT
Hi,
I'm running Apache 1.3.26 on Win2K server, using it as a proxy server for a
few hundred Win32 clients and logging to MySQL. Everything's fine, except
that a lot of downloaded executables are coming out corrupt - you try to run
the file and it just bombs out. I've tried a lot of files from a lot of
sites and it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. There's nothing in the
access or error logs to indicate any problem. I've got 2 instances of the
proxy server set up, running on different machines and networks, and they're
both the same. I enabled mime_magic on the advice of someone on
comp.infosystems.www.browsers.ms-windows and it doesn't appear to have had
any effect. It almost always works fine in Opera but not IE, raising the
possibility of a content-type confusion.

I've just had a go with 1.3.27 after eagerly spying the updates to
mod_proxy, but it's the same.

Anyone got any ideas?

TIA,

Ben