httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Kenna" <andr...@stamina.com.au>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Multiple copies of Apache on one Windows box...
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 03:06:00 GMT
You can run different versions of apache on the same computer, by simply changing the Listen
directive to run each daemon on a different port.

I have never tried this with Windows but, I have apache 2.0.39 and 2.0.43 running concurrently
on my Linux server without a hitch

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Douglas [mailto:bedouglas@earthlink.net]
Sent: Friday, 25 October 2002 12:54 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Multiple copies of Apache on one Windows box...

Hi..

Back again!!... Started to take a look at how Apache works. On Windows, it
appears as though you have to install Apache before you can run the app. The
install process seems to create a service which has to be present in order
for Apache to run.

I had hoped that running multiple copies of Apache might be as easy as
copying the Apache folder structure to different folders and possibly
renaming the Apache exe file and running!!! I modifed the differnet
httpd.conf files but running the different Copies of Apache from the
different folders seems to run into problems....

If anyone has actually managed to consistently get multiple copies of Apache
running on the same box, I'd like to talk with you to see what you did....

I really don't want to climb/change the code to accomplish this!!

Thanks

Bruce
bedouglas@earthlink.net