httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Kenna" <andr...@stamina.com.au>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Multiple copies of Apache on one Windows box...
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 03:44:32 GMT
Hey, maybe you have found a new feature that the guys that write apache for Windows need to
add in.

Is there any particular reason why you want to run multiple versions of apache on the one
computer ?

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Douglas [mailto:bedouglas@earthlink.net]
Sent: Friday, 25 October 2002 1:41 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Multiple copies of Apache on one Windows
box...

I'm running the same version. However, as I indicated, I have modified the config file to
listen on a differnet port. The issue that I'm seeing seems to have to do with the fact that
Apache seems to be installed as a service within the Windows environment. As such, any instance
of Apache appears to go run the command that is defined for the service. If you stop the service,
the Apache instance will refuse to run. If you attempt to run Apache without installing it,
Apache refuses to run. The only way that I could possibly think of would be to somehow install
Apache, but tell the service that it creates, that it is to run a specific copy of Apache,
from another folder.....

Comments/Criticisms...

Thanks
Bruce Douglas