httpd-users mailing list archives

From William C. (Bill) Jones <wcjo...@fccj.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Bb Apache Leaking
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 16:21:22 GMT
Hi All :)

I would like to get comments and suggestions about:

Timeout 600
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 1000
KeepAliveTimeout 10
MinSpareServers 30
MaxSpareServers 50
StartServers 30
MaxClients 125
MaxRequestsPerChild 10000

I have processes growing from 18/20MB to over 80MB (each) in
less than 1 hour.  I would like to know the best settings to
allow the system to have the highest request response
time and yet kill these off and get new processes?

I had 2 CPUs and 2GB RAM two months ago - I now have 4 CPUs
and 6GB RAM (as of an hour ago.)

What can I do to determine exactly what is leaking and how
to correct it?

I am on Solaris - and can build a binary that doesn't leak -
but am not allowed (by contract) to use it simply because
of support issues with Blackboard.  So, I would like to
better identify the issue cause the leak so that I can
help Bb correct this problem.

???
-Sx-