httpd-users mailing list archives

From harry_rue...@gmx.de
Subject [users@httpd] Errordocs & Multiviews ?
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 07:03:48 GMT
Hi everybody,

i'm a newbie on this list.

Sorry, if my question has been discussed before ..

I'm trying to configure my apache-server
(with some virtual hosts) to use the "multiviews"
option on "errordocs".

Multiviews work well in the different virtual hosts ,
but not with the "errordocs".

Here's what's in my httpd.conf :

----snipp----

<directory /usr/local/apache/errordocuments >
  AllowOverride None
  Options MultiViews
</directory>

Alias /errordocuments  /usr/local/apache/errordocuments

Options Multiviews

ErrorDocument 401 /errordocuments/error401.html
ErrorDocument 402 /errordocuments/error402.html
ErrorDocument 403 /errordocuments/error403.html
ErrorDocument 404 /errordocuments/error404.html
ErrorDocument 500 /errordocuments/error500.html

---snipp---

In the directory /usr/local/apache/errordocuments
(where my error-documents are ) exist - for example -
the following files :

error404.html.de
error404.html.fr

Those files shall be used for the "country-specific"
output with the corresponding errordoc-entry ,in
this example
"ErrorDocument 404 /errordocuments/error404.html"

That's what i configured, but it doesn't work.
All i get (in the above example) is the output from the file
"error404.html" ...

So, what's the error i make ...

Greets Harry