httpd-users mailing list archives

From Diego Cimarosti ...@rete039.it>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Bug in error 401 customization?
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 13:33:19 GMT
Well, let me explain.
I open IE, go to my pw protected page and I'm prompted to login. If I
login, the page will be available until I close IE (this is normal behaviour).
Than I close IE, open it again and go to the page. I'm prompted to login
again, I willinlgy fail it and I'm redirected to the 401 custom page, which
automatically sends me to the index page (but going to another page would
be the same).
Here starts the problem. If I hit back, the protected page is displayed!
(This is not normal. Closing IE, should end the login)
This issue seems to be specific of IE (other browsers didn't have this
problem).
To solve it I have to clear cache or use standard 401 error page.

Cheers
Diego