httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] .htaccess
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:32:21 GMT
It matters a great deal where you put your .htpasswd file - it must be
in the right place for it to work! Make sure that the full path (i.e.
beginning with "/") to the file given in the AuthUserFile directive is
absolutely correct.

Check that you do not have a "Satisfy any" directive applying in this
directory - if you do remove it or replace it with "Satisfy all" (read
the docs to see why this could be the problem).

-----Original Message-----
From: Pontus Falk [mailto:pontus.falk@fro.se]
Sent: Dienstag, 29. Oktober 2002 12:53
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] .htaccess

Hi!

I'm trying to make a directory at my site secured using a .htaccess
file,
but can't get it to work... It dosen't matter where I place the
.htpasswd
file - I can still access the directory without any password.

Is it some setting in httpd.conf that I have missed?

I'm thankful for any advice!

Pontus

views of the sender's company.